Step 1- Getting used to the Halter
- Catch the lamb and put a sheep halter on the lamb, they will fight it.
- Tie the lead to a fence post and have the animal get used to standing tied up
- Let stand for 15- 45 minutes
- After the time untied the lamb and removed the halter, and released the lamb.
- Do this step 1-5 times
- After the lamb is used to the halter and does not fight it.
- Start training it to lead.
- Tie lamb up for about 5 minutes.
- Then start trying to lead it around.
- One small circle or one line for first leading sesson .
- They like to play dead.
Final Step 3- Leading Lambs
- Start with a 5 minutes sesson
- They will get better after you do it about 2-5 times.
- Repent this step 2 until they are leading.